Makes: 2 – 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 25 – 45 minutes
¼ cup white onions, minced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, peeled sliced and crushed
1 pc galunggong, cleaned, gutted and filleted
2 cups of water
¼ cup leeks, sliced into diagonal strips
¼ cup carrots, minced
1 pc bay leaf
1 tbsp of butter
1 tsp of oil
1 tsp of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of canned corn, drained
½ cup whole milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole egg
Optional: garnish with chopped spring onions
1. In a small stockpot on medium heat, pour oil and add butter to melt. Sauté onions, garlic ginger, leeks, and bay leaf for about 2 minutes until aromatic before adding in the galunggong fillets.
2. Mash and flake the fillets while cooking, and then add carrots, and corn and sauté for another 2 minutes before adding in the flour.
3. Sauté for 1 more minute before adding the water. Mix continuously until soup slightly thickens and then add the milk. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until flavors develop.
4. Season with salt and pepper and crack in 1 whole egg in the soup. Let simmer for about a minute before running a fork in the mixture, to break the egg into swirls.
5. Optional to garnish the soup with chopped spring onions.