Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
1 pack fresh spring roll wrapper
1 cup peanuts
¾ cup palm sugar
3 red chilis, de-seeded
5 cloves garlic
½ teaspoon bagoong
3 tablespoons calamansi juice
Salt to taste
1 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup chicken breast fillet
½ cup green beans
½ cabbage, chopped
1 firm tofu, cut into strips
1 cup togue
1 cup carrots, julienned
4 Eggs (hard-boiled)
- Crush peanuts by putting it inside a sealed bag and pounding it. After, combine crushed peanuts with garlic, bagoong and chillies.
- Transfer to a sauce pan. Add palm sugar, calamansi juice and water.
- Season with soy sauce and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Blanch green beans and chicken fillet in hot water. Set aside.
- Fry tofu in oil until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Lightly wet your spring roll wrapper in water. Once soft, top it with sauce, green beans, tofu, carrots, cabbage, togue, hard boiled egg and chicken.
- Fold the sides and roll until secure. Continue until you use up all the vegetables and serve leftover sauce on the side.