PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
1 piece large gabi, cleaned
2 pieces medium kamote, cleaned
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup panocha
3 pieces pandan leaves
1/4 cup condensed milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 piece egg
Salt, to taste (optional)
1. Boil the gabi and kamote in a pot with water for about 40 minutes or until slightly soft. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Slice the root crops in half. Create a cup for each half by carefully scooping out the middle part without cracking the crop. Set aside the scooped out flesh, as well as the cups.
For The Gabi Pie:
1. In a small pot over medium heat, add the coconut milk and panocha. Stir until the panocha is dissolved. Add a knotted pandan leaf and continue stirring just until fragrant. Remove the leaf and discard.
2. In a blender or food processor, add the coconut milk mixture and the scooped out gabi flesh. Blend until smooth.
3. Spoon out the mixture onto the gabi cups. Tie each cup with a pandan leaf to secure.
For The Kamote Pie:
1. Place the condensed milk, butter, egg, a pinch of salt (optional), and kamote flesh in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Spoon out the mixture onto the kamote cups.
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees C.
2. Place the gabi pies and kamote pies onto a lined baking tray. Place them close together for support.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are toasted. Serve hot.