Makes 20 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes (including 1 hour refrigeration time)
1/2 kilo ground pork
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/8 cup pickle relish
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
2 eggs, divided with one egg beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
10 pcs quail eggs, hard boiled and halved
5 pieces vienna sausage, quartered
1 cup seasoned flour (with salt and pepper to taste)
Oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, combine ground pork, garlic, onion, bell peppers, 1 unbeaten egg, bread crumbs, pickle relish, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
2. Grab 2 tablespoons of the embutido mixture, place a halved quail egg and a Vienna sausage, and mold into small balls.
3. Dip embutido rolls in seasoned flour, beaten egg wash and seasoned flour again. Refrigerate balls for 1 hour to firm up.
4. Place balls in a stick to make lollipops.
5. Deep fry in oil for 10-12 minutes, ensuring meat is cooked through and crust is golden brown.
6. Serve with ketchup or mayo, and enjoy!