PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
7 Tablespoons (100g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 and 3/4 cups (210g) confectioners’ sugar
2–3 teaspoons heavy cream or milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6-8 pcs (ready-made) mamon
1 cup strawberry jam
White chocolate block, melted
Red food color (gel type)
Medium sized dark chocolate pellets
Small sized white chocolate pellets
1. Beat the butter until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream or milk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Set aside.
2. Crumble the mamon (soft bread cakes) into the bowl on top of the frosting. Make sure there are no large lumps. Mix together until combined.
3. Measure 1 tablespoon of moist cake mixture and roll into a ball, press down the middle to create a hole where you can place the strawberry jam and then roll to encase the jam.
4. Place balls on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour. Re-roll the chilled balls to smooth out, if needed. Place back into the fridge as you’ll only work with a couple at a time.
5. Melt the coating in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup (best for dunking!). you can use a double boiler or microwave.
6. When your cake balls are ready to be coated remove only 2-3 cake balls from the refrigerator at a time.
7. Dip the edge of the plastic fork in about 1/2 inch into the coating, then insert into the center or the cake ball. Only push it about halfway through the cake ball. Dip the cake ball into the coating until it is completely covered. Make sure the coating covers the base of the cake ball where it meets the lollipop stick. Very gently tap the stick against the edge of the measuring cup to allow excess coating to drop off.
8. Take your chocolate pellet and stick in the middle of the cake pop.
9. Place upright into a styrofoam block or box. Repeat with remaining cake balls, only working with some out of the refrigerator at a time. The cake balls must be very cold when dipping!
10. Take a toothpick, dip it in red food color and draw thin lines on the cake pops to resemble veins.
11. Place in the chiller until your ready to serve!
Liked this easy spooky Halloween dessert? Also check out our Valak Crinkles!