PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Butter, as needed
Sugar, as needed
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
½ cup sugar
10 pieces egg yolks
5 pieces eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
10 – 15 pieces ensaymadas, halved
½ cup cashews, chopped
¼ cup raisins
½ cup brown sugar
1/8 cup rum
Whipped cream, as desired
Queso de bola, grated
1. Coat the insides of a baking dish with butter and sugar.
2. Arrange the ensaymadas to completely fill and line the baking dish.
3. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and cream until thoroughly combined and sugar has completely dissolved.
4. Carefully pour cream mixture over the ensaymadas.
5. Sprinkle and spread cashews and raisins all over, and add more cream mixture as desired. Cover with foil.
6. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius. Cool.
7. Prepare syrup by combining brown sugar and rum. Swirl until sugar is completely dissolved.
8. Add whipped cream, a generous sprinkle of queso de bola, and drizzle syrup.