Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1/2 kg. ground pork
1/8 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/8 cup pickle relish
1/4 cup raisin
1/4 cup red/ green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 pc egg, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
4 pork chops, thick cut
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Onion powder, to taste
2 packs all purpose cream
1 pack cream cheese
1/2 cup fried longganisa bits
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well. Form into patties and cool or freeze until form can be handled with hands.
1. Slice slits in the middle of the porkchop.
2.Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and set aside.
3. Place a patty of frozen/cold embutido. Secure opening with toothpicks.
4. Bread and fry just until golden.
5. In a preheated oven at 175 degrees C, bake the pork chops for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let the pork chops rest for 15 minutes.
1. Add cream and cream cheese in a pan and mix until saucy. Add parsley. You may add bay leaves, white pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
2. Serve the sauce with the pork chops topped with fried longganisa.