Makes 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup gin
1/3 cup calamansi juice
1 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 kilo flank steak (camto)
Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the meat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
- Remove the beef from marinade and lay the slices across a wire rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet to catch the drips.
- Place under an electric fan for 1 hour to air dry.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Add some of the steak strips and pan-fry until nicely browned, about 3-minutes on each side. Add more oil to the pan as needed to fry the remaining steak.