Makes 2 meters long sausages
Preparation and cooking time: 3 hours
2 meters sausage casings (Hog/pig intestines)
⅓ cup cream
1 piece egg
3 cups Pork blood
¼ cup butter
½ kilo pork back fat, diced
½ cup finely diced red onion
1 cup finely diced white onion
¾ cup minced garlic
⅛ cup grated ginger
1 cup sliced siling pang sigang
1 tablespoon ground bay leaves
1 kilo ground pork
⅓ cup fish sauce
¾ cup Pinakurat vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tablespoon ground black pepper
1. Keep the casings soaked in lukewarm water. Tie one of the ends into a knot.
2. In a bowl, whisk together cream and egg until well combined. Mix cream mixture into pork blood, stirring thoroughly to ensure no coagulations. Set aside.
3. In a large pan over medium heat, place the butter and sauté the pork fat until it has rendered its oil. Add onions, garlic, ginger, siling pang sigang, and ground bay leaves then sauté until fragrant and translucent. Remove from heat, set aside and cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, Mix the ground pork, sautéed mixture, fish sauce, Pinakurat, brown sugar, black pepper and pork blood mixture until well combined. Set aside to chill.
5. Stuff the fillings into sausage casings not too full and tight and tie off into links with cooking twine until the casing is used up.
6. Hang in a cool shaded place to air dry for at least 2 hours. Optional: poach for 10 minutes before air drying.
7. Saute in cooking oil before serving.