Makes 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes (includes boiling and marinating time)
1 pig face (maskara)
2 pieces pig brain
1 pig liver
1 pig tongue
½ cup garlic cloves, smashed
1½ tablespoon salt
¼ cup patis
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
¾ cup soy sauce
5/8 cup calamansi juice, divided
½ tablespoon siling labuyo, minced
¼ cup red onion, minced
2 tablespoons ginger, grated
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sukang iloko
1 head iceberg Lettuce, leaves separated
1/8 cup leeks, sliced
1. Burn off the hair all over the pig face with a torch.
2. Wrap the pig brains in plastic wrap.
3. In a large pot of water over high heat, place pig face, liver, tongue, wrapped pig brains, garlic cloves, salt, patis, and peppercorns. Boil until very tender.
4. Slice the pig face, into big slices and place into a deep dish. Add pig liver, tongue, soy sauce, and ½ cup calamansi juice then mix until everything is well coated. Marinate for 1 hour. Grill.
5. Slice all the meats into slightly smaller pieces and place into a bowl. Add siling labuyo, red onion, ginger, ground black pepper, salt, sukang iloko, 1/8 cup calamansi juice, and pig brains. Mix until well combined.
6. Place mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced leeks and serve.