Makes 8-10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 3 hours 30 minutes (with minimum 2 hours refrigeration time)
25 pieces graham crackers
1/2 cup brown sugar
10 tablespoons butter, melted
6 large egg yolks
3 teaspoons dayap zest, divided
1 1/4 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup fresh dayap juice
3/4 cup whipped cream
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1. Using a mortar and pestle, crush graham crackers to powdered crumbs.
2. In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
3. In a baking pan, press graham cracker crust evenly along the base. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks and 2 ½ teaspoons dayap zest on high speed for about 5 mins until thick. Reduce speed to medium, and gradually add condensed milk. Increase speed, then lower again to add dayap juice until it is well-combined.
5. Top filling over crust evenly. Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 100 degrees Celsius and continue baking for 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool on rack then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
7. Cut into squares and garnish with whipped cream, powdered sugar, and remaining dayap zest. Happy eating!