Makes 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time:
2 tablespoons cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, minced
1/4 kilo ground pork
250 grams Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Pinoy Party Style
½ cup water
2 pieces bay leaves
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 carrot, diced
1 potato, diced
1 can liver spread
3 pieces hotdogs, diced
½ cup frozen green peas
Salt & pepper to taste
10-15 pieces square lumpia wrappers
2 pieces egg whites
- Heat up oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions. Sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the pork and cook until lightly browned.
- After, mix in Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Pinoy Party Style, water, bay leaves and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer then add carrots and potatoes. Cook until liquid is mostly reduced.
- Mix in liver spread.
- Add hotdog and green peas. Cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Spoon 2 tbsps of menudo over one lumpia wrapper and roll. Secure by brushing edges with egg whites. Do this for all the menudo filling and lumpia wrappers.
- Deep-fry until golden brown. Once cooked, drain excess oil in paper towels.