Makes 5 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
1 pack pancit canton /egg noodles
3 cups cooking oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 red onion, minced
1 cup chicken thigh fillet, sliced
1 cup shrimps, peeled
½ cup mushrooms, sliced
¾ cups long green beans, chopped
¾ cups carrots, julienned
½ cup baby corn
1 bunch bok choy or pechay
2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Deep fry the noodles in medium heat until crisp.
- Turn off heat and set aside (make sure to let excess oil drip).
- Reduce the cooking oil from the same wok to 3 tablespoons
- Saute garlic and onion. Add chicken slices and cook for 5 minutes. Add shrimps and mushrooms then stir.
- Put-in the green beans, carrots and baby corn. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and sesame oil, and cornstarch diluted in water. Cook until sauce thickens. Mix in quail eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce on top of arranged fried noodles.