Makes 1 roll
Preparation and cooking time: 4 1/2 hours (excluding marination)
1 slab pork belly
1 1/2 pieces garlic
1 piece red onion
1 piece white onion
1 bunch tanglad
6 pieces rosemary
1. Pat dry the pork belly slab with kitchen towels. Season with sea salt and cracker pepper. Cover and set aside over night.
2. Remove garlic skin and separate the garlic into cloves. Place in a foil and drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper onto the cloves. Wrap and set aside.
3. Same as the garlic, peel the onions, slice into quarters, and place in separate foils, and drizzle both with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap.
4. Place the foiled garlic and onions inside the oven. Bake for 1 hour at 120 degrees C.
5. Place the roasted garlic and onions on the belly and slather. Add tanglad and rosemary in the middle.
6. Roll the belly and tie with cooking twine. Bake at 150 degrees C for 2 hours. Increase heat to 225 degrees C for the last 30 minutes to 1 hour to crisp the skin, closely watching and rolling to even out the baking. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply