Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
½ piece kalabasa, peeled and chopped
1 cup chopped white onion
½ cup peeled garlic cloves
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon uncooked bagoong
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups chicken stock
1½ cups coconut cream
1 piece egg yolk
1 cup ice water
1 cup cake flour
1 cup snake beans, cut into 2-inch
1 bundle okra, small
2 pieces eggplant, sliced into squares
Oil for frying
1. Place kalabasa, onions, and garlic in a piece of foil then season with oil, salt, and pepper. 2. Roast in the oven for 1 hour. Puree in a food processor until a smooth paste.
3. In a pan over medium heat, sauté bagoong in butter for a few minutes and add flour. Continue to cook for a few minutes.
4. Whisk in chicken stock, puree, and coconut cream. Cook on medium heat while stirring until thickened.
1. Combine egg yolk and ice water in a bowl. Add cake flour and whisk until just combined. Set aside the batter.
2. Coat vegetables in flour seasoned with salt and pepper then dip in batter. Fry on high heat until golden, about a few minutes.
3. Serve with the soup.