Makes 6 – 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
For the Filling:
2 cups crab meat
1½ cup lucban longganisa, removed from casing
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ cup white onion, chopped
⅓cup labong, blanched and minced
¼ cup carrots, grated
salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
For the Dip/ Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 piece red onion, minced
¾ cup aligue
1 block cream cheese, softened
½ cup cream
½ tablespoon worcestershire sauce
½ tablespoon soy sauce
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp spring onions, sliced
1 pack Crab claws without the meat
1 pack lumpia wrappers
⅓ cup spring onions, whole leaves
Oil, for frying
prepped crab meat filling
For the Filling:
1. Place crab meat, lucban longganisa, garlic, onions, labong, and carrots in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Grind into a fine, sticky paste.
For the Dipping Sauce:
1. In a pan over medium heat, saute garlic and onions in butter and oil for a few minutes until fragrant and translucent.
2. Add aligue and cream cheese. Stir until melted and well combined. Add cream, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce then mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in spring onions. Set aside.
1. Fill the empty crab claw with about 2 – 3 tbsp pf crab meat filling and then place it in the middle of the lumpia wrapper with the crab claw placed at the edge of the wrapper
2. Wrap the lumpia and seal it by brushing water on the edges. Take a whole leaf of spring onion, blanched in hot water, wrap it around the lumpia and gently tie a double knot to secure the edges.
3. Fry lumpia in a large pan filled with oil over medium heat, deep fry until golden and crispy.
4. Serve with the dipping sauce.