Makes 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, sliced
1 large kamote, peeled & diced
1 medium can corned beef
¼ cup frozen green peas
Salt & pepper to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
2-3 pieces puff pastry sheet
½ cup quickmelt cheese
½ cup mozzarella cheese
2 egg whites
- Saute garlic in olive oil. Once translucent, add corned beef and kamote.
- When kamote is almost tender, add green peas and white onions.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cut puff pastry in half. Set aside the other half and work on one sheet first.
- Make a slanted slit on the upper and lower left side of the sheet. Brush the left side with egg whites and roll to look like a mummy’s head.
- Spoon some kamote corned beef filling on the center of the sheet. Top with quickmelt and mozzarella cheese.
- Brush the edges with egg whites. Gather the edges towards the center to secure filling.
- Turn it over and cut as many slits as you can, along the whole formed pastry sheet to make it look like a mummy.
- Bake at 190C for 35 minutes.