Home » Cordon Bleu Bites
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 8 – 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
1 pack bacon slices, chopped into bits
½ kilo ground chicken
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Ground black pepper
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup white onions, minced
½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
1/4 tablespoon mustard
3 tablespoons flour
1½ cup milk
mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
1 cup flour, seasoned
2 pieces eggs, beaten
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil, for frying
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
½ cup chicken stock
½ tablespoon mustard
1½ cup cheese, grated
1. Season ground chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a pan over medium heat, fry the bacon bits until crispy. Remove the bacon bits and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook ground chicken in the bacon fat until browned. Remove from pan.
4.In the same pan, add butter and sauté onions until softened and translucent. Add Spanish paprika, mustard, and flour, and then cook for a few minutes. Whisk in the milk into a smooth sauce. Let cool.
5. Mix together cooked chicken, bacon bits, and cooled cream sauce until well combined. Chill mixture.
6. Take a little bit of the chilled chicken mixture and place a cube of mozzarella in the middle. Form chicken mixture into bite-sized balls.
7. Coat the balls in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
8. Deep fry until golden and serve.
1. Melt butter in pan. Whisk in flour.
2. Add milk, chicken stock, and mustard. Mix in and melt cheese until sauce is well combined.
3. Serve as dip for Cordon Bleu Bites.