Makes 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
10 egg yolks
1 can condensed milk (300 ml)
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup buko strips
1. In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, condensed milk, and coconut milk. Set aside.
2. Place a large lanera over low heat. Add the white sugar. Once golden, stir the lanera until the caramel coats the bottom. Remove from heat and let it cool.
3. Pour the flan mixture onto the lanera. Cover with foil and steam for about 1 hour or until it is cooked (a toothpick pricked on the center of the flan comes out clean).
1. In a pot over medium-low heat, mix the sugar and water until sugar is completely dissolved. Add the buko strips and continue to stir until the liquid turns syrupy.
2. Serve the topping with the coconut flan.