Makes 6-8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 6 hours (4 hours marinade time)
4 pieces chorizo bilbao, diced
1 cup quickmelt cheese, grated
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
3 1/3 cups breadcrumbs, divided
4 pieces large chicken breast fillets
1/3 cup calamansi juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 cups flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cup cooking oil for frying
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons atsuete oil
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 tablespoon calamansi juice
1/2 tablespoon lemongrass juice (extracted from boiled leaves)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, mix chorizo, cheese, parsley and 1/3 cup breadcrumbs until well combined. Set aside.
1. Marinate chicken with calamansi juice, salt and pepper for 4 hours.
2. Flatten chicken breast fillets with a rolling pin or large flat edged mallet in a chopping board.
3. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of filling onto the flattened chicken. Roll carefully.
4. Dip chicken roll in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs. Make sure to cover all sides.
5. In a saucepan with hot oil, fry cordon bleu and turnover until all sides are golden brown. Blot excess oil with paper towels and set aside to cool.
1. Mix all ingredients until evenly combined. Serve with Cordon Bleu and enjoy!