Home » Choco Biko
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2 8-inch pans
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
3 cups water
10 pieces tablea discs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup muscovado sugar
2 cups washed glutinous rice
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
3/4 cup coconut milk
1. Boil the water in a pot. Add the tablea discs and stir continuously until dissolved and thick.
2. Turn off the heat and add the milk and muscovado sugar. Whisk vigorously until smooth yet frothy.
3. Turn the heat back on and add the rice. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Stir in the salt. (If the mixture dries before the rice is cooked, add water 1 cup at a time until desired consistency.)
4. Place the rice mixture in an oiled 9-inch square pan, preferably lined with banana leaves.
1. Place chopped dark chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat the coconut milk in a pot just until bubbles form on the sides and steam rises from the top.
3. Pour the hot coconut milk onto the chopped chocolate. Gently stir until smooth and glossy.
1. Pour the chocolate icing over the biko. Bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees C for about 5 minutes to toast the chocolate.
2. Cut into serving squares and top with latik and desiccated coconut.