Home » Choco Veggie Muffins
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 – 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
2 pieces kamote, large, peeled and sliced
4 pieces carrots, medium, peeled
1 cup vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 pieces eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup malunggay leaves, finely chopped
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Lay the kamote pieces in a baking sheet lined with baking paper and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Grate carrots using the finest grain.
3. In a blender, combine grated carrots, kamote slices, eggs, vegetable oil, both sugars, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon powder. Add malunggay leaves and mix together until well combined and everything is evenly distributed.
5. Gradually mix in wet mixture until a sticky batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop out portioned batter into a muffin tin with liners. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190 degrees Celsius for 30 – 40 minutes.
Like these healthy and kid-friendly hidden vegetable snack? Also try our pam-baon recipe Nutri Bombs.