PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 servings
Preparation and Cooking Time: 30 minutes
6 pieces saba banana, large semi-ripe
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 cups water
1 piece egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Oil, for frying
1 cup chocolate, shaved
1. Peel saba banana, slice, and fan out.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, water, egg, and butter. Mix well.
3. Dip saba banana in mixture until well coated.
4. Fry in oil until golden brown.
5. Melt chocolate in a heatproof/microwave safe bowl. Use a double boiler or microwave in short bursts while mixing in between until melted.
6. Dip fried banana until mostly covered. Serve.