PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 15 to 20 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
6 pieces egg whites
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¾ cup white sugar
1½ cups peanuts, finely chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
6 pieces egg yolks
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1 cup salted butter
16 pieces chocnut candies, crushed
16 pieces butter cookies, crushed
1. In a bowl using a hand mixer, whisk egg whites until frothy on medium speed. Add cream of tartar and whisk until soft peaks. Gradually add sugar while whisking on high until stiff peaks. 2. Add vanilla and whisk until well incorporated.
3. Gently fold in the peanuts, making sure not to deflate the mixture. Place in a piping bag.
4. Line a tray with baking paper and pipe small circles of the same size. Bake in an oven preheated to 100˚C until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and allow to cool thoroughly.
1. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks until pale and creamy.
2. Meanwhile, boil water and sugar together to a syrup.
3. Pour hot syrup in a thin stream over the egg yolks while whisking and continue until thick and cool to touch.
4. Add the slightly softened cubes of butter while whisking until all are incorporated.
1. Place a layer of buttercream on one meringue disc. Add crushed chocnut.
2. Add a layer of buttercream on another meringue disc. Sandwich the discs together. Clean the sides with an offset spatula. Do the same for the other pieces. Refrigerate until the sandwiches and buttercream is firm.
3. Spread buttercream all over the sandwiches and refrigerate once more.
4. Cover the sandwiches with crushed butter cookies. Serve cold!