Makes 5 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
6 cups water
1 cup uncooked malagkit rice
4 pieces tablea chocolate, dissolved
15 pieces chocnut
½ cup sugar
Crispy bacon for topping
Evaporated milk for topping
- Combine malagkit rice and water in a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Dissolve tablea in some hot water and add to the pot of rice. Stir often until mixture thickens.
- Stir in the crushed chocnut and continue to stir until rice is cooked and you’ve achieved your desired consistency. Add sugar then set aside.
- Fry the bacon until crispy on a nonstick pan over medium heat. Set aside.
- Serve the champorado with a drizzle of evaporated milk, top with more crushed chocnut and finish with a generous topping of crispy bacon bits.