PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
2-3 cups water
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2 pcs bay leaves
2 pcs star anise
1 whole chicken, cleaned
1 tbsp honey
½ tbsp fine salt
½ tbsp black pepper ground
½ tsp chinese 5-spice powder
3 – 4 cups cooking oil for deep frying
1 bunch spring onions
1. Mix all ingredients for liquid in a wok. Mix until boiling.
2. Add the whole chicken and simmer under low heat for 30 minutes, bathing it with the sauce and turning it every 10 minutes. Be careful not to break the skin.
3. Transfer chicken on a plate and let it cool.
4. Once cooled, pat dry and brush with honey and coat with coating ingredients.
5. Make the chicken sit on an empty bottle so that it air dries upright. Let it air dry for 1 hour.
6. Heat cooking oil in a wok. Place a metal grill stand inside the wok.
7. Make the chicken sit on the grill stand. Pour hot oil on the chicken until skin is reddish brown.
8. Serve with spring onions and kropek.