Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
1/2 cups dried shiitake mushrooms
4 cups long grain rice
6 cups chicken stock
5 pieces chicken thighs
3 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup fish sauce
1/2 cup oyster sauce
4 tablespoons chinese rice wine
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 cup sliced leeks
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup cooking oil
8 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup sliced Chinese sausages
1/4 cup peanuts
1. In a claypot, soak rice in chicken stock for 40 minutes. Set aside.
2. Marinate chicken in sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, leeks, ginger, and pepper for 30 minutes. Chop the chicken after.
3. Soak mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes or until hydrated. Drain and chop after. Set aside.
4. Heat oil a wok and saute garlic until fragrant. Add Chinese sausages and stir fry until brown.
5. Mix in the marinated chicken. Stir fry for a few minutes and add the hydrated chopped mushrooms and peanuts. Pour in about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of marinade liquid and allow to fry until slightly dry.
6. Place claypot with rice over medium heat and boil until rice is almost cooked.
7. Add the stir fried chicken to the rice and continue to steam and cover over low heat for another 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
6. Garnish with fresh leeks and coriander.
Leave a Reply