Makes 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup water
2 sachets powdered gelatin
¼ cup Vegetable oil
5 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Red onion, minced
110 grams Chicken liver
⅓ cup Rum
2 pieces Bay leaves
½ cup Soy Sauce
⅓ cup Vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
200 grams Cream cheese
4 pieces Pandesal
Salt & pepper to taste
- Bloom gelatin: Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and stir. Set Aside
- Saute onions and garlic in oil. Add chicken livers and hearts and cook until brown. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with rum. Add bay leaves and simmer until alcohol is cooked off.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Simmer mixture more.
- Let cool. Remove bay leaves.
- In a food processor, cream the cheese until smooth. Add gelatin mixture and adobo sauce and blend. Add the liver and blend until smooth. Set aside and refrigerate for 30 mins – 1 hour.
- Roll pandesal into thin crostinis. Drizzle with olive and season with salt & pepper.
- Toast or pan-fry until golden brown.
- Pipe pate on pandesal crostini.