Home » Chicken Inasal Pot Pie
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2-4 servings
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
½ kilo chicken thigh fillets, with skin
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
¼ cup red onion, minced
3 tablespoons ginger, grated
1/8 cup lemongrass, smashed and sliced
1/2 cup calamansi juice
¾ cup coconut vinegar (sinamak)
⅔ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
¼ cup butter, cubed
⅛ cup oil
⅛ cup annatto seeds
¼ cup flour
2 cups chicken stock
⅓ cup cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup flour
1 block puff pastry
1 piece egg yolk
1 piece egg
⅛ cup butter, melted
1. Mix together garlic, red onion, ginger, lemongrass, calamansi juice, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Add chicken and marinate for at least 3 hours.
2. Grill chicken.
3. In a pot over medium heat, combine chicken stock and marinade, bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and set aside.
4. Combine butter and oil in a pot and add annatto. Steep and allow annatto to color the oil. Remove annatto seeds and whisk in flour. Whisk in cooked marinade until a smooth thick sauce forms. Add cream and season with salt and pepper. Mix in chicken, remove from heat, and set aside.
1. Using a rolling pin, flatten puff pastry on a flat surface dusted with flour. Cut out puff pastry disks that are about ½ inch bigger than the ramekins. Refrigerate.
2. Whisk together egg yolk, whole egg, and butter to make egg wash.
3. Place chicken filling in ramekins. Brush the rim and sides of ramekin with egg wash and top with the puff pastry cutouts. Brush the puff pastry with egg wash.
4. In a pre-heated oven, bake pot pies at 200˚C for 20 – 30 minutes, until crust is golden. Serve hot and happy eating!