PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
½ kilo chicken breast
3 tablespoons minced garlic
½ cup minced red onion
3 tablespoons grated ginger
4 pieces lemongrass, smashed and sliced
¼ cup calamansi juice
½ cup coconut vinegar (Sinamak)
⅔ cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water (slurry)
Annatto oil for sauteeing
3 pieces eggs, cooked sunny side up
3 cups cooked rice
1. In a bowl, add the chicken and marinade ingredients. Set aside in the refrigerator for least 3 hours.
1. In a pot over medium heat, combine chicken stock and marinade with chicken and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove chicken and continue reducing the sauce. Add cornstarch slurry and mix the thickened sauce. Set aside and strain.
1. Pat dry the chicken and shred into flakes.
2. In a pan, heat annatto oil and saute chicken shreds until crisp. Add a bit of the sauce, about 1/2 cup, and mix.
1. Serve with the sauce, cooked rice, and sunny side up. Enjoy hot!