Home » Chicken Galantina
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 1 chicken
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
1 piece whole chicken
⅓ cup calamansi juice
⅛ cup soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoon salt
1 kilo ground pork
4 pieces chorizo bilbao, diced
¼ cup sweet relish pickles
¼ cup raisins
½ cup grated carrots
¼ cup green peas
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup grated queso de bola
¼ cup minced white onions
⅛ cup minced garlic
2 pieces egg
⅓ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 pieces eggs, hard boiled
1. Disjoint the leg by holding it on one hand, bend it back, and twist until the joint pops. With a knife or scissors, locate any tendon that may be holding the joint to the socket. Do the same for the other side.
2. Clean the cavity by removing the liver, heart, neck, and gizzard. Feel for the bones on the back. Using a paring knife, slice right above the bone, careful not to puncture the skin. Tear away ligaments and meat near the bone by slicing carefully or using your hands until you are able to release the back bones. Do the same for the breast bones.
3. Disjoint the thigh bones by popping them out of the sockets and cutting away ligaments. Pull out the bones.
4. Marinate the chicken in calamansi juice, soy sauce, and salt. Set aside for 4 hours.
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except for the 2 pieces of hard boiled eggs.
1. Place the chicken on a baking dish.
2. Scoop the filling and stuff it into the chicken.
3. Insert the 2 hard boiled eggs into the cavity.
4. Roast in a preheated oven covered in foil at 190˚C for 1 ½ hours, basting it occasionally with its juices.
5. Take foil out and return to roast at 250˚C for 10 to 15 minutes, until skin is golden.