PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 6 Servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1.5 hours
1 pouch DEL MONTE Quick n Easy BBQ Marinade (200ml)
1 piece apple, de-seeded and quartered
2 pieces white onion, quartered
6 pieces garlic cloves
½ inch ginger
2 stalks leeks, sliced
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoon sesame oil
500 g chicken, thigh fillet
Ground black pepper, to taste
1 pack pancit canton
1 cup oyster mushrooms
½ cup carrots, cut into sticks
1 cup Napa cabbage, chopped
1 cup cabbage, chopped
1½ cup chicken broth
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. In a food processor or blender, puree apple, onions, garlic, ginger, and ground black pepper until a smooth paste.
2. Mix DEL MONTE Quick n Easy BBQ Marinade, puree, leeks, sugar, sesame oil in a bowl.
Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour to overnight.
1. In a large wide pan/pot over medium-high heat, fry the marinated chicken pieces for a few
minutes on each side. Pour over marinade and bring to a boil.
2. Add chicken broth and simmer for a few minutes.
3. Add pancit canton and stir until softened.
4. Mix in carrots and napa cabbage. Continue cooking until most of the sauce has evaporated.
5. Mix in spring onions and remove from heat.
6. Place on a platter and top with more spring onions and sesame seeds.