Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
½ tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons salt
4 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup barbecue sauce
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
12 pieces basil leaves, chopped
1/4 piece singkamas, peeled and diced
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup rinsed and drained black beans
1/4 cup drained sweet corn
15 pieces cilantro, chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 large tomato, diced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 lime, for serving
2 tablespoons scallions, for garnishing
- Preheat broiler. Combine olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, and salt.
- Marinate chicken breasts in this mixture for about 15 minutes. Broil the chicken breasts until cooked through (6 to 8 minutes). Set aside and let cool.
- When ready to serve, cut into cubes and toss with bbq sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together lettuce, basil, singkamas, cheese, beans, corn, cilantro, ranch dressing, and half of the tortilla strips.
- Transfer the salad to chilled serving plates. Surround each with tomatoes and remaining tortilla chips. Top each salad with chicken and drizzle with bbq sauce. Garnish with scallions.