PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
½ of the chicken cuts (red meat)
2 pcs garlic, peeled and minced
1 small onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 small pc red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
2 small pcs potato, cleaned peeled and roughly sliced into quarters
1 small pc carrot, cleaned peeled and roughly sliced into quarters
1 small can green peas
1pc bay leaf
oil for frying
2 – 3 tbsp tomato paste
1/8 cup soy sauce
½ cup water/ chicken broth
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Take a pan, pour in oil and heat it at medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until aromatic.
3. Add in the bay leaf and tomato paste and roast it for about 2-3 minutes before adding in your chicken parts. Sear chicken for about 2-5 minutes before pouring in water/ chicken broth.
4. Add potatoes and let simmer for 10 minutes before adding in carrots and soy sauce bell peppers and green peas.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes, check if the chicken and vegetables are already cooked all the way through before taking out of the heat.