Makes 1 pie
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours (including 1 hour freezing time)
4 cups chicken breast, cut into cubes
2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon sugar
5 pieces eggs, beaten
Cooking oil, for frying
Sauce & Toppings:
4 tablespoons cooking oil
½ cup potato, cut into crinkle-cut fries
½ cup carrot, cut into crinkle-cut fries
½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
⅓ cup peas
¼ cup garlic, minced
½ cup red onion, minced
3 pieces bay leaves
½ cup tomato paste
1 cup tomato sauce
1½ cups chicken broth
Cheddar cheese, grated
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. Place chicken breast, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and sugar in a food processor and blitz until a fine sticky paste.
2. Place and flatten the paste into a cling wrap – lined round dish to form a disk. Freeze until it firms up and sets.
3. Coat the chicken patty disk in flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs. Deep fry in medium-high heat until golden brown.
Sauce & Toppings:
1. In a pan over medium heat, quickly stir-fry potatoes and carrots until half-cooked, season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan. Quickly fry bell peppers and peas in the same pan, season with salt and pepper, and remove.
2. In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onions until soft, translucent and fragrant. Add tomato paste and cook for a few more minutes until the tomato paste gets dark and slightly toasted. Deglaze with tomato sauce then add chicken broth and bay leaves. Cook for a few minutes until reduced and thickened.
3. Ladle the sauce over the chicken crust, top with cheese, potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, peas, grated cheese, and pepperoni. Bake until melted, about 15 minutes.