Makes: 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
3 pieces eggs
2½ cup water, cold
3 cups bread flour
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
12 pieces big shrimp, shelled and deveined
12 pieces okra, tops cut off
1 piece eggplant, sliced diagonally
Oil, for frying
3 cups chicharon, finely crushed
½ cup dashi stock
1½ tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons spiced Tuba vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon ginger, grated
1. In a bowl, mix together egg and water until well combined.
2. Add bread flour and mix until a thick batter forms. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice along the segments of the shrimp to straighten it.
4. Dip shrimp and vegetables into the thick batter, coating everything with a thin layer.
5. Roll battered pieces into crushed chicharon.
6. Quickly deep fry in oil until golden brown.
1. In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine dashi stock, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved then bring to a boil. Add ginger and simmer for about a minute.
2. Serve tempura with sauce and grated radish and enjoy!