PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 12 to 16 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 pieces whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon liquid glucose
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two sheet pans—you may grease it with vegetable oil shortening, or line it with nonstick baking paper or silicone mat.
2. In a bowl, combine butter, light brown sugar, and granulated white sugar. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
3. Add in the whole eggs, vanilla, and liquid glucose. Continue beating until well blended.
4. In another bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, and coarsely chopped nuts.
5. Fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon or flat beater just until combined or no more traces of flour are visible.
6. Arrange cookie dough on prepared pans using a 1.5-ounce ice cream scooper, approximately 2 inches apart from each other.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 11 minutes. The centers of the cookies will remain soft while warm.