Home » Chef Lica Ibarra’s Tahong Na Tinumis
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
500 grams tahong
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, finely minced
1 head garlic, minced
1 1/2 inches ginger, grated
4 pieces tomatoes, finely diced
1 piece siling sigang, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
Freshly ground peppercorns, to taste
Onion leeks, sliced
1. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar in a mixing bowl until sugar has dissolved then set aside.
2. Using a medium saucepan, cook olive oil and butter over medium heat.
3. Once oil is hot and butter has melted, sauté onion until soft and translucent.
4. Add in the garlic and ginger then cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Mix in tomatoes and siling sigang, then sauté for another minute.
6. Pour in the white wine and let it simmer until the alcohol has almost fully absorbed.
7. Mix in the soy sauce mixture and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
8. Mix in the tahong, turn the heat on high then cover the saucepan.
9. Let it simmer and allow the liquid to come up, about 3-5 minutes.
10. Take the cover out, add freshly ground peppercorns and mix well.
11. Lower the heat, partially cover the saucepan and allow to cook until the shells have opened up.
12. Transfer to a serving platter ang garnish with kinchay, onion leeks, and lemon rind.