PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 8 – 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
2 pieces eggplants
¼ kilo ground pork
2 tablespoons white onions, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons spring onion, finely chopped
½ cup carrots, finely diced
½ cup bell peppers, finely diced
3 pieces mozzarella cheese thick slices
3 pieces quickmelt cheese, thick slices
¼ cup flour
2 pieces eggs
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper
1/3 cup seasoned flour
Oil, for frying
½ tablespoon sesame oil
2 pieces garlic cloves, crushed
1 piece ginger, ½ inch thick crushed
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup pork broth
2 tablespoons onion powder
½ cup cabbage, shredded
½ cup carrots, grated
¼ cup cucumbers, grated
¼ cup white onion, thinly sliced
½ cup mayonnaise
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper powder
¼ cup lemon juice
1. Roast eggplants over an open flame until charred. Allow to cool, peel off the charred skin, and coarsely chop.
2. 2. In a bowl, combine ground pork, chopped eggplants, onion, garlic, spring onion, carrots, bell peppers flour, and eggs. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Mix until well combined.
3. Spread mixture ono a tray lined with parchment paper until ½ inch thickness and freeze for about 20 minutes until firm enough.
4. Form mixture and place cheese in the middle of the mixture. Form and return to chill until firm.
5. dredge in flour, egg, flour, egg, breadcrumbs. Chill. Deep fry chilled over medium heat until golden.
1. In a pan, steep ginger and garlic in soy sauce and pork broth for a few minutes until simmering. Mix in onion powder and add sesame oil. Remove from heat.
1. In a bowl, combine cabbage, cucumber, and onion slices, and massage with a bit of salt to draw out water. Drain and pat dry then return to bowl.
2. Mix in carrots, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper until well combined.
Assemble in a bento box with omelet and other lunchbox items.