Home » Cheesy Kamote and Mushroom Croquettes
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 4 – 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 kilo kamote boiled, peeled and mashed
1 tsp fine salt
½ tsp black pepper ground
2 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
1/8 cup milk
1 cup canned mushrooms, minced
1 cup quickmelt cheese, grated
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup Japanese bread crumbs
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix the grated quickmelt cheese and the minced mushrooms in a bowl, set aside in the chiller.
2. After boiling the kamote, use a potato masher to mash it together with the butter that will melt in with the mixture and the heavy cream.
3. Mash and mix all together until well incorporated and smooth and chill for about 30 min before molding into balls.
4. Once everything is ready, assemble the croquettes by taking about 2 tbsp of mashed seasoned kamote, creating a flat disc on your hand and spooning 2 tsp of quickmelt with mushroom mixture in the middle of the disc before rolling it into a ball.
5. Drop the ball in a plate with flour to dredge, and then dip it on a bowl with the scrambled egg, and then finish it off by rolling it in a bowl with Japanese bread crumbs before dropping it in oil for deep frying.