Makes 1 pizza
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
2 pieces cauliflower, cut into small florets
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon dried oregano
Pinch of ground black pepper
1/2 cup malunggay leaves
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons roasted cashew nuts
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 220 degrees C and place a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease liberally with olive oil.
- Make cauliflower rice in food processor. After, microwave on high for 8 minutes until cooked.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add mozzarella, egg, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
- Using your hands or a spatula, press the mixture onto the baking sheet and shape into a thin pizza “disc”.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients for the malunggat pesto until smooth.
- Top crust with malunggay pesto, mozzarella cheese, kesong puti and malunggay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.