Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
4 pieces fried eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
Cauliflower Hash Brown:
2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Salt
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons Olive oil for pan frying
1 tablespoon Olive oil
2 pieces fried galunggong flakes
7 cloves garlic, thinly-sliced
½ cup tomatoes, diced
½ cup leeks, chopped
½ cup yoghurt
5 pieces Calamansi juice
1 tsp spring onions, chopped
- Cook cauliflower either by steaming, boiling or microwaving it. Once tender, rice cauliflower w/ a food processor.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze out as much moisture as you can (more than 1 cup of liquid).
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, spring onions, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat up olive oil. Drop cauli mixture into the hot pan and shape like a hash brown with your frying spatula. Press down and cook until both sides are golden brown (2-4 minutes on each side).
- Heat up olive oil. Saute garlic, tomatoes, leek and galunggong flakes together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for topping hashbrowns.
- Fry four sunny-side-up eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for topping.
- Combine all sauce ingredients together.
- Serve with cauliflower hash browns as the base, topped with galunggong saute and egg. Drizzle with sauce.