Makes 36 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
4 whole eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup calamansi juice
½ or 1 teaspoon calamansi zest
1 tablespoon baking powder
85 grams dark chocolate block, cut into cubes
1. Melt the dark chocolate blocks in a double broiler and then set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 195 degrees C. Take the mini cupcake trays, grease with oil and then line with muffin paper liners.
3. In a big bowl, mix all your dry ingredients flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In another bowl using a hand held mixer; cream the butter for about 5 minutes or until it changes into a paler yellow color and then add the sugar and cream for another 5-8 minutes.
5. Add the eggs in the creamed butter and whisk again for about 2 minutes before adding the vanilla extract and calamansi juice. Whisk all the wet ingredients together until everything is well incorporated.
6. Take the bowl with dry ingredients and gradually pour it in the bowl of wet ingredients continuously whisking to create a smooth batter. Mix in the calamansi zest into the batter.
7. Pour in the dark chocolate ganache and using a wooden stirrer/ spoon to create swirls in the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin pans making sure that you fill 2/3 of each cup.
8. Bake for about 18 – 20 minutes, using a toothpick to check if the muffins are already baked all the way through.
9. Once done, cool down the mini cupcakes on a rack before serving.