Makes 3-4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
Cooking oil for sauteeing
½ medium sized red onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon bagoong
3 cups water
½ tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 kilo pork, sliced (mabuto)
4 cups buko juice
1/8 kilo pork liver, cut into strips
3 cups egg noodles
Buko shell for the container
1/4 cup chicharon, chopped
2 tablespoons spring onion, finely chopped
1 piece egg
Buko strips (optional)
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped and toasted (optional)
1. Saute onions, garlic, and bagoong in oil until fragrant.
2. Add water and bring to a boil. Mix in salt, ground black pepper, and sugar.
3. Add pork and boil until tender.
4. Mix in buko juice and boil.
4. Add pork liver strips and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set side.
5. Cook noodles in broth for 1 to 2 minutes using a strainer basket. Drain in cold water and set aside.
1. In a buko shell, place noodles and broth. Top with pork liver strips, a fresh egg, and other delicious toppings like chicharon, spring onions, buko strips, and toasted garlic. Enjoy!