Makes 5-6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
⅓ cup red onions
¼ cup garlic, minced
3 tablespoons cooking oil
½ tablespoons chili flakes
½ cup clams
¾ cup water
¼ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup red bell pepper, sliced into strips
⅓ cup carrots, sliced into strips
⅓ cup baguio beans, sliced
½ cup snow peas (sitsaro)
½ cup squid, sliced into rings
½ cup shrimp, shelled
½ cup cabbage, finely chopped
2 ½ cups buko meat
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté onions and garlic in oil until fragrant. Add chili flakes and clams and sauté for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add water and soy sauce. Simmer until almost dry and clams have opened up.
3. Add red bell pepper, carrots, and baguio beans. Stir fry for a few minutes.
4. Add squid and shrimp and continue cooking until shrimp has turned color.
5. Add cabbage. Continue sautéing.
6. Stir in buko meat and stir until warmed through and everything is well distributed. Season with salt and pepper if needed.