Makes 8-10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 – 45 minutes
2 cups glutinous rice flour
½ cup brown sugar, packed tightly
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1¼ cup buko juice
1½ cup dried langka, chopped into medium pieces
½ cup buko meat, shredded
1. In a large bowl, mix together rice flour and brown sugar until well combined.
2. Pour in 1/4 cup melted margarine and buko juice then mix into a thick, sticky batter. Mix in dried langka and buko meat until evenly dispersed.
3. Heat banana leaves over flame until pliable. Cut into long rectangles.
4. Brush the leaf with remaining margarine. Place a few spoonfuls of batter in the middle, spreading it into a long tube. Wrap. Repeat until all batter is used.
5. Grill the long pockets over medium-low heat for about 8 minutes each side, turning frequently to avoid burning. Unwrap tupig from banana leaf and enjoy!