PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
½ cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine salt
6 pieces whole eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 – 3 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 can fruit salad
2 cups young coconut meat, cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Lightly brush 2, 9-inch spring form pans with oil and line with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour and then add baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter until light yellow in color. Add the sugar and continue creaming for about 2 minutes before adding the eggs.
4. Whisk it all together until it becomes a pale-yellow color and then add the vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
5. Add in the coconut milk and continue mixing for about 2 minutes before gradually adding in the flour mixture in. Continue mixing until well combined and batter is smooth.
6. Divide the batter into the 2 springform pan and bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden brown.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 3 kinds of milk – evaporated, condensed, and coconut milk. Set aside.
8. Once the cake is baked, place the spring form pan on a baking sheet pan, take a fork and poke the cake to create holes, and then pour the milk mixture on the cake.
9. Let the cake cool down and soak in the milk for about 15 minutes.
Topping and Frosting:
10. Take your coconut strips, kaong, nata de coco, and fruit salad and mix all together. Set aside.
11. While the cake is soaking, get your heavy cream pour it in a bowl and whisk until you create stiff peaks.
12. Once cake is ready, using an offset spatula, spread some of the whipped cream on top of the first layer cake and decorate it with half of the buco salad mixture.
13. Place the second cake and place it on top of the first cake layer.
14. Spread the rest of the whipped cream on top of the second layer and decorate/ top it with the rest of the buco salad mixture.
15. You can also opt to spread more whipped cream on the sides of the cake to cover it with cream.
16. Let set in the chiller before serving.