Makes 12 crinkles
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup warm water
1 tablespoon squid ink
2 tablespoons cooking oil
⅛ cup garlic, minced
¼ cup white onion, minced
1 ½ tablespoons butter
1 ½ tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
½ cup cream cheese
2 pieces bay Leaf
Nutmeg, to taste
White pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
½ cup kesong puti, crumbled
½ cup keso de bola, grated
½ cup mozzarella, grated
5 pieces squid, sliced into rings
1. In a large bowl, mix bread flour, yeast, salt, warm water, squid ink (preferably the thick kind that comes in a bottle), and oil, and knead for 15 minutes until a ball forms.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and rest in a warm place for 1 hour until dough doubles in size.
3. Dust flour over the dough, flatten with hands or rolling pin, and poke the center of dough with fork to prevent rising.
1. In a pot, sauté garlic and onion in butter over medium-low heat until soft and translucent.
2. Sift in flour and mix thoroughly, making sure no clumps of flour remain.
3. Whisk in milk, cream cheese, and bay leaf. Continue whisking while simmering until thick. Season with nutmeg, white pepper, and salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. Place dough in a floured baking pan / pizza pan.
2. Spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch margin from the edge.
3. Add cheeses and squid rings then bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees Celcius for 10 – 15 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves and pink peppercorns.