Home » Bistek Rice Burger
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 burgers
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
½ kilo sirloin, thin steak cut
½ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup calamansi juice
3 tablespoons cooking oil
½ cup white onions, sliced into rings
⅓ cup garlic, minced
1 3/4 cups beef broth
2 cups rice, cooked
2 tablespoons potato starch
1 cup fried garlic bits
½ cup spring onions
4 tablespoons sesame oil
4 pieces eggs, cooked sunny side up
1. In a bowl, combine sirloin slices, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, and calamansi juice and mix, massaging thoroughly onto meat. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. In a pan over medium heat, sauté onion rings until slightly softened. Remove from pan.
3. In the same pan sauté garlic until fragrant and soft. Add beef slices and brown all sides. Add marinade, beef broth, and simmer until beef is tender and reduced to a thick sauce.
1. In a bowl, mix together rice, garlic bits, spring onions, and potato starch until well combined.
2. Using a plastic wrap, place a scoop of rice and form into a circular disc. Do the same for the other scoops. Refrigerate until cold.
3. In a pan over medium heat, place a bit of sesame oil. fry a rice bun until each side is nice and toasted. Do the same for the other buns, adding oil when needed.
1. Place lettuce on top of a rice bun, add a layer of meat, tomato slice, onion rings, then the sunny side up on top. Top with other rice bun.