Home » Bicol Express Pinsec Frito
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 to 10 servings
Preparation & cooking time: 1 hour
¼ kilo of pork shoulder/ kasim, cut into small cubes
1 can (350 grams) or fresh coconut milk
1 can (350 grams) or fresh coconut cream
¼ cup fresh alamang
15 pieces siling haba sliced diagonally
2 pieces siling labuyo
1 piece red onion, roughly chopped
3 pieces garlic, peeled and minced
1 thumb ginger, roughly chopped and smashed
1 pack wonton wrapper
cooking oil for deep frying
1. Saute garlic, onions, and ginger and pork for about 5 minutes and then add coconut milk season with salt and pepper and simmer until the coconut milk almost dries out.
2. Add the alamang, coconut cream, siling labuyo, siling haba and stir constantly until sauce becomes thick.
3. Take out from the heat and strain the meat and chilies from the sauce. Set aside the sauce
4. Take a spoon of meat and chilies and place it in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Dip your in water and run your finger on the sides of the wonton wrapper and fold it to form a triangles. Gently press the sides to seal.
5. Heat your oil to about 180 – 190 degrees before dropping the wontons to fry until golden brown and crispy.
6. Serve with the bicol express sauce on the side or drizzled over the wontons. Optional: garnish with cut up spring onions, red and green chilies.